About Genco Corporation
Following the destruction of Hurricane Hazel in
1954, Myrtle Beach and South Carolina’s Grand
Strand experienced tremendous growth. Mr. and
Mrs. Philip Gray, who founded Grayco Steel Company
of Myrtle Beach in 1946, established a new division
to market needed products for the hospitality
industry. General Chemical Company was founded
in 1954, with a subsequent name change to Genco
Chemicals, Inc. in 1956.
For over 60 years, Genco Chemical, Inc.
has been a leading supplier of cleaning and janitorial
products to government, municipalities, healthcare,
commercial and small business customers along
the Grand Strand and surrounding areas. Because
the Grand Strand is ever-changing, Genco has continually
provided upgraded inventory and technical expertise
to our valued customers. Genco’s goal is to offer
its customers the finest service possible, whether
it is from our knowledgeable showroom staff, dedicated
sales team or loyal drivers.